Digital Finance for Consumer & SME Lending
Credit cards, now a five-decade old industry, has been a massive business generating enormous profits. However, over the past ten years in particular, the industry has lost a vast deal of experience through attrition, retirement and the loss of expertise as banks and even cards businesses shuttered their doors. The shift to a global digital business culture is going to have an enormous impact as the form factor changes in the credit card industry. Separately, a brand new digital lending industry is emerging as a threat to the credit cards business.
In emerging markets in particular there is a demand for small ticket credit, issued digitally.
What are the key themes?
- Open source platforms
- The power of APIs
- Ready access to credit across channels
- Mobile is the leader
- Credit is now more democratic
- Power of social media
The service offers:
- Case studies of leading players, our assessment of their recent performance, and a review and assessment of their fintech strategies
- Case studies of the leading emerging digital finance lenders
- Notable credit and digital finance initiatives currently underway
- A briefing on the state of the credit and digital finance industry across each region
- Recommendations for use in designing strategies, improving execution, creating new addressable market segments, improving processes and practices and increasing profitability
- Data for ranking of issuers