DIGITAL IDENTITY FOR SMEs
Case studies: ITSME, Alastria, Thales and The Global Tech Players.
Digital identity: we can't really have digital money without digital identities, an issue finally being worked through at high level by the United Nations and regional bodies. Alastria leads the way on decentralised identity.
- Digital identity projects will continue to be led by nation states
- Governments are now thinking of how to digitalise identity for small businesses along with citizens
- The early success and adoption of decentralised identity alliances led by bank/telco partnerships should be closely followed
- Blockchain finds a role in securing digital identity
- There is a deep conflict brewing between alliance-led models and privately-led models such as the US model