Lafferty Group is a leader in knowledge-based products and services for the financial services industry. The Group invites applications from people with relevant experience to join the team as a Junior Research Analyst in Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
Focusing predominately on quantitative methodologies with adhoc qualitative projects, the Analyst will contribute to existing research in:
- Cards and payment tools (consumer and commercial)
- Retail banking
- Consumer finance
- Delivering well sourced and complete data sets from strong primary and secondary research;
- Providing regular research updates and analysis;
- Monitoring industry themes and developments with a particular focus on cards and payments, including mobile payments;
- Updating colleagues on quality issues arising from analytical findings;
- Assessing and improving overall product quality.
- Strong numerical and analytical ability, and the ability to analyse and condense complex data into clear written reports
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Comfortable talking on the phone to gather first-hand research
- Excellent Excel skills
- An understanding of or interest in financial services, preferably consumer finance and credit cards industries;
- Experience in market research, or industry analysis is strongly preferred;
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in the role of finance in broader world affairs. A strong work ethic, the ability to work accurately to plan and good project management skills are essential. The candidate will contribute regular analysis pieces to the news service and attend newsroom meetings.
We have a great team in Westport and you will join us to work from the Westport office.
Previous experience in banking/financial services or a related sector is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please forward a detailed CV, and a covering letter together with your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.